Thursday, April 16, 2020

Reading Material

My husband reads biographies
But I’ll take fiction, if you please.
He likes to learn about the past;
His tomes would bore me, really fast.

Yet having finished my last book,
I figured I would take a look
At one of his, a bio on
My second favorite Beatle, John.

It’s written by his former wife
From his pre-Yoko English life
With photos of their early years –
Quite happy, or so it appears.

I haven’t gotten far enough
To read about the juicy stuff
Though there are hints that when John left,
His wife and son were both bereft.

Of all my husband’s books there are
This is the fluffiest, by far.
Of course, that is the reason why
I’d thought I’d give it just one try.

So far so good, but when I’m done,
Re-reading time will have begun.
From novels I’ve read long ago,
I’ll dive in for a second show.

No comments:

Post a Comment