Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Proper Way to Cough

When I was young, we learned the drill
On how to cough; I do it still
Until my brain gives me a nudge,
Reminding me that others judge.

For I was taught to cough in hand
So that’s where all the germs would land
Instead of floating in the air
To be breathed in by others there.

We never thought about the fact
That all those germs would stay intact
Contaminating all we touch
Like doorknobs, subway poles and such.

And back when we lived pre-Purell,
Bacteria we would expel
Would coat our palms, a big mistake
If someone gave his hand to shake.

Today, to keep us off the hook
Our coughs should go into the crook
That’s formed by having elbows bent;
The spread of germs this might prevent.

Just one thing isn’t really clear.
If to this tactic, folks adhere
Then why are colds still being caught?
So many sleeves be-germed for naught!

No comments:

Post a Comment