Thursday, December 24, 2015

Stymied by Soup

I posted a poem on the Soup*
But my smiley face turned to a droop
            For instead of one post
            There were 30 (at most);
Guess the site made a really big bloop.

In trying my best to delete
(For who needs to see poems that repeat?)
            There was some kind of glitch
            And “Delete” made a switch
So my poem list is now incomplete.

They deleted three months of my work
All the comments, too (such a sweet perk!).
            I complained to the Team
            Those who reign there supreme
But the answer seemed typed with a smirk:

“If Delete was the button you hit,
Though by accident or if legit,
            All your poems have been lost;”
            But I feel double-crossed
For no wrong-doing did they admit.

Though a reason, at least, would be nice,
"Sorry" just doesn't serve to suffice;
            Seems the people in charge
            Sent a message writ large:
If you need our help, better think twice!

*PoetrySoup, a poetry site

No comments:

Post a Comment