Monday, November 16, 2015

Sighting a Drone

As I walked along the river
In the morning, all alone,
I was taken quite aback
When I glanced up and saw a drone.

Since I’d never really seen one,
I was shocked as it sailed by
And I wondered what its presence
Possibly could signify.

Some protection for the mayor
Or surveillance of the park?
Much more likely, though, some amateurs
Who’d flown it on a lark.

It flew close to half a mile
Then it circled, heading back.
In my younger days, I might have feared
A UFO attack.

But I’ve heard of these contraptions
That can hover way up high
So I realized what it was
As it went zipping through the sky.

Yes, the future is upon us.
Of that, there can be no doubt;
But at least this flying object
Had no Martians stepping out!

No comments:

Post a Comment