Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Julia

You’d know her by her crazy socks
And ever-present smile.
Her patience and encouragement
Defined her teaching style.

“I’ll never be allowed in Quilters’ Heaven,”
She would jest,
But anyone who’d seen her work
Was bound to be impressed.

She always asked us if we’d seen
Some show on BBC –
A movie from the 40’s
Or some type of mystery.

We never had, but she had hope
That one of us would catch
The latest Sherlock Holmes portrayed,
Of course, by Cumberbatch.

My home is filled with projects
That, if honest, I’d report,
Never would have been completed
But for Julia’s support.

She was more than just a teacher
For our lives she did enrich
And I’ll bet she’s up there watching us
Make every single stitch.

*my quilting teacher, whom I very much miss


No comments:

Post a Comment