Monday, November 9, 2015

A Quiet Restaurant

To find a quiet restaurant
Is not an easy task,
Although some peaceful dining
Doesn’t seem too much to ask.

I wouldn’t let a pounding headache
Spoil an evening out
But every eatery we tried
Just added to my doubt.

The new Thai place had music
With a loud and pulsing beat
Which, added to my throbbing brain,
Would never let me eat.

The Mexican had salsa songs
To make folks want to dance.
The loudness factor meant I couldn’t
Give it half a chance.

The chicken place, my favorite,
Is as cozy as they come,
So much so that I thought I could
Ignore the thumping thrum.

I couldn’t, so we wound up
At the closest place to eat –
A new Italian restaurant
Across one measly street.

The food was good, the staff was great;
We’d both agreed to try it
And best of all, no music blared
So it was nice and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment