Thursday, March 12, 2015

Shopping for Sheets

Long ago, when buying sheets,
The task was kind of fun.
I looked at the designs
Until I found my favorite one.

A few had stripes or flowers
Or were patterned or were dotted;
I waited ‘til I found a set
With which I was besotted.

But nowadays, it’s such a drag.
They’re monochrome instead,
With just one boring color;
How can that perk up a bed?

There’s also something else today
To take into account –
How many threads your sheets should have –
You choose the right amount.

So now I’m touching samples –
Like I’d really know by feeling –
To ascertain which texture
I decide is most appealing.

Aside from price, there’s just one thing
I simply have to find –
Unless they say “No iron,”
I will leave those sheets behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment