Sunday, January 26, 2014

Lost and Found

In the cab, upon the seat,
I spot an iPhone 5.
I hand it to the cabbie
Just as he begins to drive.

In minutes, it begins to ring.
An agitated voice
Says, “Bring the phones to my hotel,”
Not giving any choice.

“I’m leaving for the airport NOW.
My phones I really need!”
The cabbie says he’ll drive on by,
A real do-gooder deed.

Then suddenly another ring
Proceeds from in the rear.
The guy said phones, a plural,
So another must be near.

Voila! Behind my husband’s back
A second phone I find.
The cabbie takes it, drops us off,
Reunion on his mind.

I surely hope he makes it
And the phone guy makes his flight.
The cabbie earned a giant tip
If all works out all right.

It’s lucky I’m an honest sort
‘Cause I could not ignore
The fact that both those phones
Were better than my iPhone 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment