Wednesday, June 26, 2013

An Assortment

I am very indecisive
And so choices cause me strife,
Though when I reveal my problem
I’ll be told to “get a life!”

For presented on a platter,
At a friend’s house, after lunch,
There was not just one dessert
But many pastries, quite a bunch.

Thus, confronted with cannolis,
Carrot cake and pecan pie
And a towering red velvet –
Who could choose? Well, how could I?

A Napoleon was nestled
Next to some dark chocolate square
And of course, since we are healthy,
There was lots of fruit to spare.

So I narrowed down my options;
In addition to some fruit,
I had part of a cannoli
And some carrot cake, to boot.

Oh, if all of life’s dilemmas
Could be solved with such a taste,
Then the problems that exist on earth
Could simply be erased!

2 comments:

  1. I love your poem! One of the best ones I have read. I am doing a Shel Silverstein type book, I would like to see more of your work.
    www.randykazandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings, rhonda! thanks for your kind words. i will be in touch - i'm intrigued...

    ReplyDelete