Monday, December 17, 2012

Disclaimer


Before my favorite show began,
A message filled the screen
To let the viewers be prepared,
For violence would be seen.

This show is violent every week –
There’s murder, blood and gore;
And last night’s show had nothing
That it hadn’t shown before.

The station heads, however, felt,
In light of recent news,
Perhaps a scene of savagery
Was not what most would choose.

It’s strange to think of being warned
From viewing death in fiction
Because of real life tragedy –
It’s quite a contradiction.

I’d rather watch a TV show,
Which I know isn’t real,
Than to view the anguish parents
Of those murdered children feel.

I glanced at the disclaimer
Then escaped into my show.
The “dead” were only actors,
Which was very good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment