Monday, December 31, 2012

A Resolution


I hereby resolve to declutter.
I’ll slice through my closets like butter.
            What looks dated and torn
            Or what I haven’t worn
Will be bagged up and tossed to the gutter.

I say the same thing every year.
When I promise, I’m really sincere;
            But for true execution
            Of this resolution
 A fairy would have to appear.

And then, with a wave of her wand,
Old garments would up and respond.
            They would float out the door
            And I’d lock it before
With my newer things she could abscond.

A fairy’s unlikely to show,
So my closets will still overflow;
            But I’ve learned how to cope
            Though there’s always some hope
That I’ll give a few things the heave-ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment