Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Leftovers


I loved my fat Thai noodles.
They were such a perfect lunch;
But after four big dumplings,
I was filled up quite a bunch.

I ate as much as I could eat.
The portion was absurd;
‘Cause when I lay my chopsticks down,
I’d only scarfed a third.

The waiter took my leftovers
And packed them in a tin,
With plastic cover and
A paper bag to put them in.

He left it on my table
And I took it when I paid,
Real pleased that dinner for tonight
Was sitting there, all made.

But walking home, quite suddenly
My meal came crashing through.
The soggy-bottomed bag had ripped,
So what was I to do?

For on the sidewalk was displayed
Pad See Ew in its glory.
I scooped it up as best I could,
And that’s the end of story.

There is a moral to this tale –
When you go out to eat,
A noodle in the belly beats
A noodle on the street!

No comments:

Post a Comment