Friday, June 22, 2012

G'Raitt!


Springsteen has his Jersey girls,
But I don’t belong there.
When Bon Jovi takes the stage,
I would just feel wrong there.

Randy Newman’s songs are great
And I love Paul Simon.
Billy Joel does justice to
His lyrics’ perfect rhymin’.

Carole King can nail a tune
And I dig Tom Petty.
If James Taylor is performing,
Get me there – I’m ready.

Yet there’s someone who can cause
My blood to percolate
When she belts a melody –
I’m talkin’ Bonnie Raitt.

Sorta country, kinda rock;
Deep and rich and bluesy.
Every note and word she sings
Is sure to be a doozy.

When I catch her on CD,
The radio or stage,
She still sounds as good to me
As she did half her age.

Keep on groovin’, Bonnie Raitt
And let your music soar;
‘Cause when I hear your magic voice,
I want to hear some more.

1 comment:

  1. she was our first red rocks concert in 1976! we love bonnie...

    ReplyDelete