Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photo Albums

In photo albums of the past,
The pictures stayed in place
With little stick-on corners
That today you can't replace.

The albums after that had pages
That you had to lift.
The photos rested under plastic
'Til they'd start to shift.

I have a bunch of those, with pages
Turning brown or loose.
Instead of getting them in shape,
I find a good excuse.

When I'm no longer here, those pictures
Likely will get tossed.
Those moments captured by a lens
Will finally be lost.

So even if my albums are
Intact, with full repair,
I seem to be the only person
Who might really care.

My recent photographs are kept
In books I make online.
I choose the backgrounds and the fonts -
Each masterpiece is mine.

But someday they will, too, be gone
As memories do fade.
Until that time, my albums all
Are front-row-seat-displayed.







No comments:

Post a Comment