Monday, September 5, 2011

Reread

I’m reading a book that I’ve read once before,
But it’s not for the reason you’re thinking.
It’s not that I loved it, but rather because
As I’m aging, my memory’s shrinking.

The author is someone whose writing I like,
Yet the title I didn’t recall.
It was published a number of years ago, still
It did not sound familiar at all.

So I brought the book home and I started to read
And I felt something tug at my brain;
For the characters’ problems allowed me to see
I was walking familiar terrain.

From the nooks and the crannies where info is stored,
I retrieved little bits that adhered;
But enough of the story’s retained its suspense,
For the bulk of it has disappeared.

I’ve decided that I will keep reading this book
And in case this may find you perplexed,
Though I’ve read it before – I’m quite sure of it now –
I have no idea what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment