Sunday, September 25, 2011

Football Bumps

Football season’s started, but
I really do not care.
The games bump other shows I like
From being on the air.

I love to watch the Yankees
And pro tennis keeps me glued;
But football is one sport for which
I’m never in the mood.

The ball is tossed or kicked and caught,
The players run five feet;
And then they form a human pile
To make the play complete.

This action then repeats itself
With very little change.
To someone watching from the sides,
It seems a little strange.

Yet millions follow, root and cheer,
So loyal to their teams
That football games take center stage
And show up in their dreams.

To me, I’m just annoyed when games
Make other shows start late.
Is isn’t fair for us non-football fans
Who have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment