Thursday, August 27, 2026

10 for 10

The supermarket had a sale

On hummus, which I buy.

The price, though, was peculiar

And I wish that I knew why.

 

The average cost, $3.99,

Or thereabouts, I’d say,

Was down to just a dollar,

But expressed a different way.

 

“Try Sabra Hummus! 10 for 10,”

The second 10 the price.

But who would purchase 10 of them

When just one would suffice?

 

In days gone by, such offers meant

You had to buy all 10

Or else the price went back

To what it should be, once again.

 

But that is not the case today –

I bought one for a buck,

A discount so unusual

It must make shoppers cluck.

 

Yet still, I just don’t get it.

Though the sale sign did entice,

If it said, “Today – one dollar!”

It would sound, to me, as nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment