Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Oh, Snap!

I bought a winter coat today;

It didn’t have a tag,

But when I asked the price, it was

A bargain I could snag.

 

It fit me to a T, although

Another coat in black

Is something that I do not need,

Though I could take it back.

 

I tried it on again at home;

My husband gave the nod,

Yet in the pocket was a snap,

Which I found rather odd.

 

My fingers followed all the snaps

To see if one was gone.

Alas, the collar just had half;

No snapping could go on.

 

Instead, there was a little hole

Where once that snap was sewn,

A defect that decided that

This coat I would not own.

 

Most likely she who ripped it

Did return it on the sly,

Where it remained for someone

Unsuspecting (me!) to buy.

 

The next time there’s that little voice

That tells me, “You don’t need it!”

Instead of just ignoring it,

I think I might just heed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment