Monday, September 19, 2022

Proselytizing

I’m minding my business

While out for a walk

When a man looks my way

Like he’s wanting to talk.

 

I notice some cards

He has clutched in his hand,

But I don’t know exactly

The speech he has planned.

 

As I pass, he calls out;

I catch only one word,

Which is “Jesus,” but though

That is all that I heard

 

I am certain he’d hoped,

With that one little blurt,

That I might be a person

Who’d like to convert.

 

I replied, with restraint,

(Not a semblance of cursin’)

“Oh man, you are reaching out

To the wrong person!”

 

Religious beliefs

(Or the lack of, as well)

Should be private, without

Any need to compel

 

Someone else to accept

Other faiths than their own;

So proselytizers –

Please leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment