Thursday, June 23, 2022

Birthing Day

My friend said, “Happy Birthing Day!”

I couldn’t help but grin

Because this marks the date in which

My son’s life did begin.

 

Some memories leap out at me –

I know just what I wore

And the way I woke my brother

As we headed out the door.

 

He had come to visit, hoping

He’d be there to celebrate

The arrival of his nephew

And he’d not have long to wait.

 

But before we left, I tapped him

Saying we did not have long.

We were headed to the hospital.

He yelled, “Oh no, what’s wrong?”

 

“I’m just going to have a baby!”

Then we laughed, for as he woke

He’d entirely forgotten;

It became a family joke.

 

Hours later we would welcome

To this world our baby boy

Who has, through the years and counting,

Brought a lifetime filled with joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment