Saturday, May 22, 2021

Animal Embassy

A porcupine, an owl and a beautiful iguana

Were among the creatures that I got to see;

And no, I wasn’t dreaming it or smoking marijuana –

Every animal was real as it could be.

 

For my grandkids were invited to a show with all these creatures;

There were also frogs and tortoises and snakes.

It was wonderful to see, up close, exotic facial features,

Some of which resulted in some double-takes.

 

Both my grands were quite enchanted and were brave enough for petting,

Gently stroking certain reptiles’ backs or shells

And I joined in their enthusiasm, somehow, though, forgetting,

Age has no effect on Nature’s magic spells.

 

*Animal Embassy is a program founded by naturalist Chris Evers,

which connects people with live, exotic animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment