Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Time to Clean

Some people’s homes are sparkling;

You could eat right off the floor,

With not a speck of dust the mop

Decided to ignore.

 

Each day they polish, vacuum, scrub;

All surfaces are cleared,

The picture frames and knickknacks

Shiny when they reappeared.

 

But I do not include myself

Among those folks I know

Whose homes are neat and spotless

With that lemon oil glow.

 

Yet every now and then a voice

Within me starts to nudge,

Reminding me it’s time to clean,

A job I do begrudge.

 

So now today my windows gleam,

The tabletops as well

And if you came to visit,

You’d detect that lemon smell.

 

Of course, nobody’s coming here

But still, I’m gratified.

If I claimed this was my new routine, though,

You will know I lied.

No comments:

Post a Comment