Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Red-Haired Woman

I used to see a red-haired woman

Mornings when I walked.

We’d nod hello but otherwise,

We’d never really talked.

 

When Covid struck, I left my house

When every single street

Was empty, super-early so

No passers-by I’d meet.

 

I stuck to this new schedule

Once others had returned.

What happened to my red-haired friend

This morning I’ve just learned.

 

We passed each other, recognition

Dawning with a grin,

Then each of us removed our hats,

Revealing that within…

 

Two heads of hair, once red and brown,

Were now both shades of gray –

Hers silvery and mine more white

But proudly on display.

 

A little conversation

Did establish we were fine.

We parted ways – two gray-haired ladies,

Natural by design.

No comments:

Post a Comment