Saturday, October 3, 2020

I Hate...

I hate the fact I feel fatigue

For no apparent reason.

I hate the fact I can’t get cherries

Since they’re out of season.

 

I hate when someone shares my bench

Though six feet can be measured.

I hate to lose or misplace something

That I’ve always treasured.

 

I hate when out-of-staters

Park their cars right on my street.

I hate when I can’t order foods

I’ve always loved to eat.

 

I hate when aching joints prevent

Me skipping up the stairs.

I hate when someone blesses me

Or puts me in their prayers.

 

I hate not seeing friends and also

That I cannot travel.

I hate the way that Covid made

So many lives unravel.

 

I hate the fact my age keeps finding

Different ways of showing,

But most of all, I hate the fact

My list of hates keeps growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment