Sunday, August 2, 2020

Cassette Tape

My brother found an old cassette
Recorded several weeks
Before our father died and yes,
My dad both laughs and speaks.

There was no voicemail then and so
My mother did record
A little message; thereby
Both their voices have been stored.

My mom talks first, with updates
On my father’s health; I’d bet
They had no clue how dire
The situation soon would get.

A visit to the doctor next;
My dad was short of breath.
In three weeks’ time, we’d get the call
To tell us of his death.

Despite today’s technology
And knowledge we’ve amassed,
What’s magical to me is hearing
Voices from the past.


2 comments:

  1. very good! i'll be getting you a copy of the audio in due time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to hearing it "in person" - or as close to that as possible...

    ReplyDelete