Thursday, March 26, 2020

I Almost

I almost went to Florida
To visit with my aunt
Until the virus landed
And my plans it did supplant.

I almost got a chance to see
A Sarasota treat.
The Ringling exhibition
Would have made the trip complete.

I almost got to quilting class
To start on something new
And as to when I’ll get there,
Well, I haven’t got a clue.

I almost got to go to Greece,
A long-awaited tour.
Perhaps next year I’ll have the chance
To get there and explore.

I almost got to see my play
Produced up on the stage.
I almost got to celebrate
My birthday’s special age.

I almost got to keep
My Friday babysitting dates.
Though FaceTime helps a bit
A lot of hugging yet awaits.

I almost got to live my life
Without this daily fear.
I’m hoping that these almosts
Will, at some point, disappear.


No comments:

Post a Comment