Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Christmas Markets

How I love this time of year
When Christmas markets beckon!
All major cities have them
And some small towns, too, I reckon.

The festive booths display their wares,
A lot of them hand-crafted,
Their quality assuring you
That no, you won’t get shafted.

From jewelry (my favorite)
To ceramics, hats and leather,
The dealers ply their products
In whatever kind of weather.

For now’s the time that people buy –
The ornaments and mittens
And toys and t-shirts, socks and mugs
Adorned with pups or kittens.

Of course, there’s hot mulled cider
Paired with donuts, for such offers
Keep shoppers warm and cozy,
Tempting them to fill the coffers.

Today I splurged on earrings
Though I’m often quite contented
To just browse and see what’s out there,
All so very well-presented!

No comments:

Post a Comment