Monday, March 12, 2018

Reinforcements

In the movies, “Reinforcements!”
Meant to quickly send more troops,
When war’s casualties meant spirits
Got a bad case of the droops.

In real life, though, reinforcements had,
To me and all my peers,
Quite a different definition, one
That now one never hears.

They were little paper circles
Which would stick around the holes
Of a piece of loose-leaf paper,
Being one of its controls.

For without them, if the hole would tear,
That page could then get lost
And who knows how much that missing schoolwork,
Grade-wise might have cost.

So a box of reinforcements
(Or self-stick ones, on a sheet)
Would come swiftly to the rescue,
Keeping loose-leaf notebooks neat.

Do they still sell reinforcements?
I’m not sure, but years ago
I bought extra; if you need some,
Please feel free to let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment