Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Buy-Gones*

The craft fair had some high-end things,
Just waiting for a buyer.
My friends found items that they knew
They needed to acquire.

Though I relished all the looking,
Nothing seemed to call my name;
I took pleasure in the purchases
Of others, just the same.

After lunch and conversation,
We gave hugs and said goodbyes
But a text an hour later
Really took me by surprise.

Seems a newly-purchased bracelet,
One my pal could not resist,
Simply fell apart as she rode home
And tumbled from her wrist.

Sure, she has the crafter’s email
And she’ll try to get in touch
But it kind of spoiled the afternoon
We’d all enjoyed so much.

Guess we never know if something
Is a product to endorse
Though today my lack of buying
Means no ownership remorse!

*thanks to my husband for the title

No comments:

Post a Comment