Thursday, April 13, 2017

Perchance to Sleep

My husband’s back is aching
And so what he thinks will fix it
Is to buy a brand-new mattress,
Though at first I tried to nix it.

Ours is really not quite old enough
To so dissatisfy
And we differ on the type
If we decided, thus, to buy.

Once we tried the TempurPedic
And he fell asleep much faster,
Feeling rested when he woke
But as for me – a true disaster.

I spent hours toss and turning,
Stealing glances at the clock
For to me, that mattress felt
Like I was lying on a rock.

So today, we placed an order
For a mattress sold online,
One supposed to grant us comfort
While it benefits the spine.

I reluctantly conceded
Though my skepticism’s deep,
But we’ll find out soon enough
If we’ll both get a good night’s sleep.


2 comments:

  1. too bad you didn't check out the kind where each can adjust their side different from the other. that way you each get the kind of bed you want....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i've heard that that's just a glorified air mattress, but maybe it would have worked out. the one we ordered has gotten great reviews and there's a 120 day return guarantee, so my fingers are crossed...

      Delete