Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Finger Bowl

In Milford,* a mansion, (Grey Towers by name)
Has a feature that I just adore.
It's a setting for dining, outdoors, under vines -
Who could ever want anything more?

But that's just the beginning - a table was made
Out of stone, in a circular style.
As a kicker, the top, where the guests would expect
Wood or glass, they'd be off by a mile.

For the table itself is a water-filled pool
And the food served in bowls that can float. 
With the surface reflecting the vines draped above, 
For best setting, they'd sure get my vote.

Someone named it The Finger Bowl, likely because
The temptation to dip is so strong
That I'm certain the guests, in their fancy attire,
Could resist it for not very long.

Ah, how nice to be rich and indulge in your whims
While the rest of us have to make do,
Yet I'm sure if the means somehow fell in my lap,
I'd design my own Finger Bowl, too!

*Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment