Saturday, April 5, 2014

Birthday in Bruges

At birthday time, I was in Bruges
And what a treat for me,
For it's a place as charming
As a city gets to be.

The streets are paved with cobblestones,
Canal boats drift between;
The churches, castles, towers
Are among the best I've seen.

Each block has chocolate shops galore
And beer for every taste.
Indulging in a waffle's also
What should be embraced.

And if you like to shop, my gosh!
The stores are cool and hip,
Enough to keep you occupied
On any shopping trip.

So here's the way my birthday went -
Meandering the streets,
A lovely cruise on the canals
With beer and chips for treats.

A visit to a special store
And splurging on some shoes;
An ice cream cone, my husband there -
I really couldn't lose.

A birthday's only once a year -
To celebrate's a must;
And birthday time in Bruges
Left all the others in the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment