Thursday, August 2, 2012

Arabic

I’ve started getting emails
That I cannot read a word of.
They’re written in a language
That perhaps I’ve never heard of.

The writing looks like Arabic,
Not in my realm of knowledge.
In high school I learned Spanish
And a little French in college.

I read some Hebrew haltingly,
But this is not related.
I wonder how to get
This enigma investigated.

For why is someone sending me
A message in a tongue
That’s alien to me and
Other emails it’s among?

I’m getting these from several names,
All sounding vaguely Persian.
To read one single word, I’d need
Rosetta Stone immersion.


I’m pretty sure this isn’t Spam,
But I wish they’d recede.
I’d rather open emails
With a message I can read!

1 comment:

  1. sorry to say this, but this usually means you've been infected by a virus - or someone you know has, and you got snagged because you're in their address book. hopefully you haven't opened any of these, but if you did, you might want to change all your passwords...

    ReplyDelete