Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Waiting for Delivery

I’m sitting here and getting bored,
Imprisoned in my home -
Just waiting for delivery;
I can’t afford to roam.

The date was set up days ago.
They told me not to worry;
Yet as the hours go ticking by,
I really wish they’d hurry.

I bought the item, paid in full,
But it’s a gorgeous day;
And stuck on my home turf right now
Is where I’ve gotta stay.

I’d love to head out for a ride,
Get ice cream, hit some stores;
Instead, I’m pacing back and forth
In front of my front doors.

I’ll never really understand
Whey we must sit and wait
To get just one delivery,
And why it’s always late!

2 comments:

  1. So, I'm curious. What is being delivered? Did I read too quickly?
    Yes, let's go shopping and then we can wait again for delivery by three
    for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a refrigerator and it wasn't delivered until 3:30, pretty much ruining the day (delivery men didn't leave until almost 5:00). On top of that, there are problems with the fridge, but that will be another poem.

    ReplyDelete