Friday, August 23, 2024

Shopping in Stores

Sometimes in a store I browse

And other times I buy.

It all depends on what they’ve got

That might just catch my eye.


And even if I fall in love,

An item might not make it

For if I can’t display it,

There’s no reason I should take it.


Today, 3 times that happened -

Two with posters, one sans frame.

I just don’t have the wall space

So I couldn’t stake my claim.


The last, a set of tumblers,

Painted with assorted eyes,

Turned the concept of “eye glasses”

Into such a fun surprise.


Still, I had to stop and ponder

If the joke was worth the price 

And I came to the conclusion

That the mem’ry would suffice.


Yet I also made 2 purchases-

Some clothing and a gift

Which, along with pumpkin ice cream,

Gave my day a welcome lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment