Sunday, February 11, 2024

Cowboys

My brother and I shared a bedroom

With cowboys on every wall.

Though we’re three years apart

Our connection did start

While our baby bro slept down the hall.

 

My memories don’t have much info

Of the time that we spent in that room,

But since we got along

I don’t think I’d be wrong

Saying we were content (I’d assume).

 

When the crib for our sib got confining,

Rooms were switched; gender came into play.

I would guess that our mother

Thought brother and brother

Would both take to the cowboy display.

 

So I got my own room, but I wonder,

Did I miss my first roommate a bit?

Maybe yes, maybe no;

It was so long ago,

But years later, I have to admit

 

That a kinship formed so very early,

If you’re lucky, holds fast in the heart.

For your birthday today,

Burt, though you’re far away,

Think of cowboys, where we had our start.

2 comments: