Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Back Burner

If there’s one thing I excel at,

(I am really quite a pro)

It is using the back burner,

Which, in case you didn’t know


Means procrastination, baby!

Putting things off for so long 

I forget I meant to do them,

Which I guess is kind of wrong.


Still, I do deserve some credit - 

The ideas are all my own:

Swapping couches for replacements 

Or an upgrade to my phone,


Sprucing shelves up in the kitchen,

Ditching clothes that I don’t wear,

Having floors both stained snd sanded,

Planning trips to who-knows-where.


Once I pounce upon a project 

I do research, so I know

All the people I must contact 

So I’ll be all set to go.


You’d think gathering the info

Would present the hardest part,

But for pros like me, that’s nothing -

What we cannot do is START!





No comments:

Post a Comment