Saturday, August 27, 2022

Assembly

When I was young, each Friday

Was Assembly day at school.

We wore white shirts and navy skirts;

Red ties made us look cool.


We pledged allegiance, sang the song 

And did as we were told.

Who knew “assembly” would be

Something bad when I got old?


I ordered a TV stand;

For “Assembly?” I checked no,

Believing we could do it, but

Once here, we both said, “Whoa!”


I contacted the company

And yes, it’s not too late.

I’ll hear from the assembly team

To thus arrange a date.


They charged my card but now I wait;

There seems to be a glitch.

The wooden parts, unpacked, are stacked;

The sight just makes me twitch.


Assembly once had rules I knew

And followed to a T.

Today no special outfit 

Would give any help to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment