Saturday, December 11, 2021

Going to the Movies

As an avid movie fan,

I loved to go and see

A film the day it opened

And my husband would agree.

 

We’d meet up on a Friday night;

I held our place in line

And once inside, we’d scope out seats

And they did not recline!

 

We brought our snacks or maybe splurged

On popcorn, butter-drenched

And stayed until the credits rolled,

Both thoroughly entrenched.

 

It changed for me when seats became

The big recliner types

And choosing seating in advance

Was one of many gripes.

 

The lure for me was mostly gone

When Covid hit the scene

And now it’s likely I will never

Watch a film on screen.

 

At home, relaxed, I get to see

The movies Netflix makes

And if I miss some I can’t see,

I feel like – them’s the breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment