Saturday, April 3, 2021

Second Covid Birthday

For my second Covid birthday

Nature surely did its duty

For providing me (and others)

With a day of perfect beauty.

 

Did my early morning walking

As the sun began to rise,

Hearing birds belt out their greetings

Under glowing orange skies.

 

Spent the afternoon just strolling

Through the paths of Central Park,

Where the trees are all a’blossom

After months of being dark.

 

There were bicycles and children

And musicians on the sax,

Also joggers, dogs and picnics;

It was time to just relax.

 

I could see the city waking

From its sad pandemic dream.

There’s a long way left to go

But slowly, hope is gaining steam.

 

Now I’m back beside the river,

On a bench beneath the sun,

Feeling happy on my birthday

And the day is still not done!

No comments:

Post a Comment