Saturday, October 19, 2019

Zappos

My preference when shopping’s to go to a store
And that’s how I always have done it before,
But they’re disappearing (I guess that’s not news)
And I was in need of specific new shoes.

Well, actually, boots of the weather-proof kind
And though I had nothing exactly in mind
I knew when I saw them they’d set off a spark;
I clicked open Zappos as more of a lark.

I scrolled several pages then found one or two
That might possibly do what I wanted them to.
Just one more made the cut from a brand I know well
So I ordered all three and I waited a spell.

When the big box arrived one and two were a bust
But I love number three; they’re the brand that I trust.
I packed up the others and sent them on back,
As easy as placing them back on the rack.

I’m sorry to add to the customer base
Whose shopping online means that stores can’t keep pace…
Yet I’m grateful to Zappos and so are my feet
For my purchase of perfect new boots was a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment