Thursday, June 8, 2017

Bells and Whistles

We mostly stick with basics
When we make a major buy,
So recommended bells and whistles
Seem to pass us by.

Yet today we took possession
Of our brand-new Subaru
And to get new safety features,
We were forced to upgrade, too.

For the first time, we’ve a moon roof
We can open for some air,
Which I think I will enjoy, although
I didn’t think I’d care.

We have fog lights and a camera
To provide a view behind
And both seat and wiper warmers,
Which in winter I won’t mind.

There are sensors that start beeping
If you drift from here to there
And the visors have extenders
To reduce the threat of glare.

So I wonder if to basics
This will make me bid farewells
For I think I can get used to
All these whistles and these bells!

No comments:

Post a Comment