Friday, March 4, 2016

The Museum Pen

I went to a museum
And its focus is design.
They offered me a special pen;
I chose, though, to decline.

It was an interactive toy
To add to the exhibits,
But learning new technology
My aging brain prohibits.

I wandered 'round and read the cards
Describing what was there
While others tapped their pens in ways
I'd chosen not to dare.

I didn't mind until a room
Entitled just "Immersion"
And watched while walls transformed
From white to every pen-folk's version.

They got to play creatively
While I stood on the side,
Bemoaning an experience 
I'd to myself denied.

A fellow offered me his pen;
Embarrassed, I said no,
But I'll accept my own
The very next time that I go.

Though fears should not inhibit
An attempt at something new,
So many people just like me
Lose out because they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment