Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Wedding Ring (Part 2)

So my super decided
He’d break down the wall.
He’d recover my ring
With no problem at all.

First he smashed down the back
Of the closet behind
Where the bathtub resides 
(And the ring was confined).

But he couldn’t quite reach
So the hole kept on growing.
I wasn’t relaxed
With the way things were going.

I tried to say, “Stop!”
But more workers arrived,
All convinced that my wedding ring
Surely survived.

As I paced and regretted
Allowing this folly,
The super extracted my ring –
Oh, my golly!

I burst into tears
Not believing my luck,
Amazed that my ring
Wasn’t vanished or stuck.

I looked up a jeweler
Who shined it to gleaming
And almost believed
All this time I’d been dreaming.

The ending is happy
So I’m not complaining
But this is one day
That was totally draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment