Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hack Attack

"I had to travel suddenly.
I'm Indonesia-bound.
My cousin needs a kidney
And that's just where one was found.

I left the States so suddenly
I didn't bring much cash,
So can you send some money soon?
I know this may sound brash...

But all I need's 2,000 bucks - 
Okay, 800 more.
It isn't really very much
Because of what it's for."

This message went to everyone
My email's ever reached.
I guess you've figured out by now
That my account was breached.

I've heard from friends from years ago
To check to see, in fact,
If this were true or merely
The result of being hacked.

I'm grateful, yes, for their concern
But hope, with fingers crossed,
That no one fell for this and thus,
No money has been lost.

The folks who know me best, of course,
Knew right off it was fake
For it was written with a huge
Grammatical mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment