Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More

For females over 40,
There’s a magazine called More.
At least that is the age group
It was first intended for.

So many periodicals
Are aimed at people younger.
This magazine was perfect
For that over-40 hunger.

In articles the focus was
On older women saying
That life can be fulfilling
Even when you’ve started graying.

There wasn’t much for 60’s plus
But still, they got some mention.
If younger women felt left out,
Well, that was the intention.

Then suddenly, I noticed
There had been a subtle shift
And older women seemed to get
An even shorter shrift.

For More now advertises
It’s for women 30 plus.
I looked for protests, but nobody
Seemed to make a fuss.

I’m sure the younger women
Have a lot of cash to spend
And so the “over-40” aim
Has sadly seen its end.

So let me raise my voice
For older folk and I’ll confess
That though I’ll still read More
I feel as if I’m getting Less!

No comments:

Post a Comment