Saturday, February 22, 2014

Broken

I broke my string of poems-a-day
Because I caught a bug
And felt like someone pulled
From 'neath my feet that famous rug.

I stumbled into bed and slept,
The hours ticking by
And thought to give it just a shot,
But had no strength to try.

It's not like anybody cares
Or even would take note,
Except for me, whose blood contains
Each word I write or wrote.

I'll tie a knot into the string
And hope it's good and strong,
So all my poems are lined up straight,
The way that they belong.





 

2 comments:

  1. I missed it! Just glad you are ok. 1500+ days in a row is still amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! thank you so much, roger! i can't believe you've been reading my poems - i'm very touched. i was able to back-date it so it appeared as if a day hadn't been missed, but it was still disappointing to me. ~ hope all is well with you and jen..........ilene

    ReplyDelete