Friday, November 15, 2013

Something New

People buying something new
Can’t wait to use or try it,
Starting with the minute their
Decision was to buy it.

If it’s clothes or jewelry,
They’ll wear it right away,
Just to reaffirm it’s worth
The price they had to pay.

I’m a little different, though,
My wackiness unmatched;
My purchases remain unworn,
Their price tags still attached.

They languish in their shopping bags,
Most likely quite confused –
Selected from the store, brought home,
But waiting to be used.

I can’t explain the reason why
I have the need to wait;
At times, I almost reach the point
When things are out of date.

But soon enough I’m ready –
It’s a feeling in my gut;
I’ll slip the item from its bag
And price tags will be cut.

You like my pocketbook? Me, too.
It’s nice you let me know.
It’s brand-new, even though I bought it
Fourteen months ago! 

No comments:

Post a Comment